Friday, December 09, 2005

Morning, Morgantown!

At this time of the morning, I'm usually struggling to open my eyes, much less sit here and write something, but I woke up this morning and there was a ton of snow outside, and that always has a way of waking me right up; I'm pretty much still eleven years old. Whenever I wake up in the morning and it looks like there's a chance that school or classes will be cancelled, I can't go back to sleep, even though I don't have classes on Friday. Something about there being a good snowfall to wake up makes me all excited.

Silva puked yesterday morning, and I think there's some on the toilet seat.

I am officially done with my regular classes for this semester, but I'm not out of the woods by a long shot. I've got two finals back-to-back on Tuesday: Philosophy and World Lit. Luckily, the harder one, Philosophy, is first, so I can just wake up extra early and get some studying in before the final. That final is going to be tough. So tough in fact, that the professor and TA are holding three review sessions to prepare. One was on Wednesday night, and I actually left a WONY party we were having at a bar downtown to go review. I don't care if I'm a big nerd, grades are more important.

The WONY Festivus party wasn't technically a WONY party, since it was at a bar downtown and we were getting underage kids in, but for all intents and purposes, it was, only DJs and their friends allowed. I had this idea over the summer to have a station party at a bar, since a DJ rented out a bar about two years ago for his birthday, and it was awesome, especially for the kids who were underage at the time. The idea was to have everyone be able to mingle outside of the station, and just bond, and I think it worked out very well, everyone was having fun, and by the time it was over, we had the whole place singing along to the music on the stereo.

I have to call News 12 in a few days, and see if they got me on the schedule for when I get back. I'm hoping I get a lot of hours over break. Getting "in" there is the primary objective of my life at this point, maybe even more so than schoolwork.

I still can't think of anything I want for Christmas. If I don't get on it soon, I'm really going to have a crappy Christmas.

Me, Silva, Matt, and Gish are tentatively planning to go to Times Square for New Years Eve. I figure this would be the perfect time to do this in our lives, and if we don't do it while we're together in college, it probably won't ever happen. I think we would have a great time, like people screaming and confetti and shit. We all get so crazy over stuff like that.

I think I'm going to see
Syriana tonight.

Well, my time's about up here. I think I'm going to go down to the Latte Lounge, maybe get something to eat, sit with a hot chocolate, and either read or do homework. I love that place. So relaxing.


No comments: