Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Silva's Premonitions

Would you believe that nearly three months after the terror that is the Cremaster Cycle entered my consciousness (without any chance of being forgotten,) this horrible creation of Lucifer is still affecting my life? It's true. Silva went to the Hartwick College library a month ago and actually checked out the Cremaster 5 book under his own free will? He hid it in a drawer under my desk, came in and asked me for something out of it, and effectively ruined my day because of it. We both looked through it and got a good chuckle and shiver out of how insane the series truly is.

Owing to Silva's legendary lack of punctuality, the book is still in our apartment. We forgot about it, but recently began looking through it again. Actually, what happened was, I found a particularly disturbing photo in the back of the book, and left the book open to that spot under John's bedsheets. I would scan it to show you show fucked up it really is, but I would honestly feel uneasy about having it on my computer.

Regardless, a few days ago, John had been looking at it, then went to bed. The next day, he woke up saying he had out of control dreams all night long, including one where he was sitting in a room with a bunch of kids doing mushrooms. That day, he was talking to his friend online, and his friend told him he had a strange experience the night before: he had been smoking weed at a party or something in a room full of kids doing mushrooms.

Now, that's not really a big thing, Silva told me about it, and I kind of just dismissed it; I really didn't care. But then things got out of hand.

Saturday night, we had Matt, Gish, and Swan over for our now-usual few hours of poker and relaxing in the apartment before we go out for the night. While we were all sitting around, Matt pulled out the Cremaster book hidden underneath our coffee table and started thumbing through it. We told them it freaked both me and Silva out, and they looked through it a bit longer, then put it away. The next morning when Silva woke up, he told me and Matt about some wild nightmares he had, in particular, he said he had one where he was having sex with some girl when she started to stab him in the chest. We just laughed, not making any connection. Yet.

A day later, I am looking at the local paper online, and I become shocked at what I find.

"Lt. Joseph Redmond of the Oneonta Police Department said Francis J. Ricca, 20, of 63 Miller St. allegedly stabbed Jason Walker, 22, of 2 Meckley Ave., just before midnight Friday during a party at 97 Chestnut St., next to Iannelli's Ristorante."

Not only was there a stabbing the night he dreamt about it, but it was on our street. On our fucking street. Right up the road. At first I didn't make the connection, but when I did.....it was a little weird. Silva launched into an all out mindfuck; I think he was seriously spooked. And, to tell you the truth, it really is kind of freaky when you think about it. What are the odds? And all because he looked at the Cremaster.

We seriously have to get this book out of our apartment. It's causing bad things to happen. I told Silva he'll probably come in my room one morning to tell me not to drive my car that day.

Beware the ides of Silva.

No comments: