Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Heroin = Success

For some reason, every movie I've watched for the last three weeks has involved heroin in one way or another. I'm really on a hot streak right now--The Doors, Trainspotting, Ray, and most recently Requiem for a Dream.

Not really having done many drugs, I am ignorant about subjects about this, but I can't imagine what the conversation must be like when someone wants to do heroin for the first time. Does it really look that appealing? First off, you're stabbing yourself with needles. Second, all the people you hang out with who are doing it are fucking insane; they are all gaunt and crazy-looking, living on a soiled mattress in some dump where everything is covered in mold and the clap.

If you are a person today who has seen movies like these, and STILL does it, you shouldn't be alive anyway. There's no way you can watch a movie like Requiem for a Dream and still want to try it. After seeing that gigantic purple open wound Jared Leto had on his arm at the end of the movie, I would swear off anything that caused it; if you told me he got that because of masturbation, that would be the end of my all-time favorite hobby. Nothing could make me do it if I thought it would result in that fucking pus dripping thing.

However, if you look at it, heroin is also the cause is some of the greatest music in history. The Doors and Ray Charles alone made some fantastic music during their times of high drug abuse. And I think the guy from Sublime was a heroin junkie, too. I'm sure there are hundreds of others.

You know what? Screw it. If you're a semi-talented musician, I advise you to try heroin. So what if you'll alienate yourself from everyone and everything you've ever loved? You'll make some kick ass tunes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


No comments: