Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Round 4

By some fancy trick pulled on me by the forces of the universe, I am somehow starting my fourth year of college tomorrow.

Today was spent prepping the radio station for our return to the airwaves, installing a new computer in the studio, and then wanting to smash the computer when it refused to work.

Also, another fun activity was when my dad called me, asking why I was getting a bill for $105 from Bank of America, the institution I left more than a month ago. I had the joy of going through their automated phone service, having to wait until the very last option to talk to a real person (you ever notice that? every single phone menu has 'Speak to a Representative' as the last possible option, so you end up hearing about all the languages and other shit for five minutes?), and find out why they were sending me bills for no reason.

It turns out for some reason they created a new checking account in my name and never told me. When I went to the bank and asked them I wanted to close my account, my real one was ended, but not this imaginary one. Since BoA charges at least $5 a month in fees, and since there was no money in this phantom account, they had to use overdraft to pay the fees. And when the end of month came, and I hadn't paid for the overdraft cash, they had to overdraft to pay the new bill. They continued doing this until it came to $105 and sent a letter home. When I asked the lady 1) why I had two accounts when I was only supposed to have one, and 2) why this second one wasn't closed when I left the bank, she made kind of a drooling noise and articulated the equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders.

I also checked out a book from the library that hadn't been checked out since January 16, 1969. When this book was checked out last, man still hadn't been on the moon.

Silva is out buying taco meat for a little taco dinner we're having together. Yes, we ARE a couple now.

Holy shit I don't want to sit in a classroom tomorrow.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I wish the first day of school was still like this. I could totally kick all of those kids asses.

1 comment:

Chris said...

"peter griffin laugh" you have school tomorrow