Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I made such a terrible mistake today. This has only happened to me a few times, and every time it does, it carries a sting of failure and regret.

I woke up at 7:15 this morning for work. I don't have work until 7:30 tonight.

I have to be up early tomorrow. Not today. So basically I wasted last night by going to bed early, and let 5+ hours of sleep slip through my fingers this morning.

Speaking of work, yesterday they (they being Barnes and Noble) have me in the back room doing receiving for this week. As I'm opening up boxes, I see a book from a series called 'Gossip Girl', and the name of the book was Because I'm Worth It.

I believe that title sums up what is wrong with people today.

Everyone walks around thinking they are something special, that "they are worth" whatever they want. No, you are not. Maybe this is why there is so much divorce these days. Everyone thinks that if you are not completely satisfied in every facet of your life, that you owe it to yourself to make yourself happy, no matter the cost. Bullshit. No one can suck it up anymore. You're not worth anything. What makes you 'worth it'? Get over yourself. It's all these shows like Sex and the City and Friends that show people doing whatever they want to fulfill whatever want they have right at this moment, regardless of the consequences. Oh, you're not happy with your man because [add ridiculous, unimportant characteristic here]? Well, then it's only right to get rid of him and find a new man, because things weren't prefect, and you're worth it; you deserve perfection.

Blow it out your ass.

And most of the time the girls who believe this garbage are the most flawed, the most difficult to please and to be around. Why are you a bitch? "Oh, because I'm worth having things be absolutely perfect. If it's not, then it's not worth my time."

Because you're worth it. Give me a break. The only thing you're worth is the battery charge I'll get for slamming you across the face.

Now you might be saying to yourself, "Girls aren't the only ones who do that. Guys want perfection just as much as girls do." True, but the fact is that guys are incessantly criticized, and rightfully so, for being shallow perfectionists. Guys don't fight the "Men are Pigs" label because they know it is true. The problem I have is that when women do it, they hide behind a mask of either a) crying nonstop until someone comforts them to shut them up, thereby getting whatever they want, or b) playing shallowness off as some mystic expectation you have of life as being this vision you've had since you were a little girl, and you don't want to settle for anything less because somehow you think you deserve it.

Girls have it figured out. They are just as shallow as guys, yet they have this "The Woman Is A Beautiful Creature, and Therefore Can Do Whatever She Wants" card that they can play. For guys, if you do the exact same thing, you are an asshole.

Well the jig is up, ladies. I'm on to you. I found the secret plans. They were right next to the papers showing that menstrual cycles are a fraud, and that the only reason we all think they are some painful, uncomfortable ordeal is because all women have agreed to keep the illusion alive.

I know this kind of went in like five different directions, but I don't care. Every point I made is true.

No comments: