Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I've noticed that lately the cool thing for people to do is play poker. I don't know what's brought on this new trend, but they've been showing a lot more poker on ESPN2 lately, and now all of a sudden everyone I know goes and plays poker. I walked down in the common area of my building last night, and there was 15 guys sitting around a table playing. Hell, Jackobel got sucked into playing it online with some friends of his.

I say make some space for your poker chips next to your yo-yo, pogs, and Razor scooter. The feeling I get is that it just one of these things that kids our age sort of "re-discovered" and its like a cool, edgy thing that people used to do in the 'ol West, so it makes it manly.

The fad will be done in about a year, year and a half tops.

No comments: