Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Boys are Back in Town

Today kicked off the last first day of school at SUNY Oneonta. Silva and I were talking about how surreal the fact that we are in out last semester of college is. I can remember that night where all of us were sitting in the hallway so clearly. What a wild ride it's been.

But before we get to reminisce too much, we still have a semester of work and (unavoidably) frustration ahead of us. Today I tried to get a parking permit so I don't get tickets every time I try to use to gym we pay hundreds for each year yet don't have any parking spots for people who don't have a parking pass. Anyway, long story short, they said since I couldn't produce my vehicle registration card, I can't get a pass. Then, the lady says she'll "help me out", and gives me a ONE DAY temporary parking thing to hang from my mirror. Oh thanks, lady, problem solved.

Also, I'm pretty fed up with seeing these kids who wear these knit hats that have a bill like a baseball cap on it. All these kids love Fallout Boy and have long hair, and throw on this fucked up hat, crooked on their heads mind you, and walk around and make me look at them. Seriously, can there be ANY fashion trend that doesn't annoy me?

Tonight I have to unpack all my clothes, then I think I'm going to jump back into playing my new game of choice, Shadow of the Colossus. It's pretty different, but a lot of fun, and I can understand why I had never heard of it before five days ago.

I have a sinking feeling all I'm going to hear about this semester is how awesome online poker is. It's amazing to me how I can be such good friends with people I can't talk to anything about. But since "anything" has become "online poker" in our circle of friends, I guess it's not that big a deal. When Gish and Silva launch into long diatribes about pocket jacks and how no one bluffs in online games, I just pick my nose.

My books this semester only cost $90. Face eater.

I got an idea for the perfect reality show before: you take a bunch of contestants, put them in an old prison, have them sleep, eat, shower, all like they're in prison, with guards and everything, and the goal is to be able to escape without being caught. If you get caught, you are off the show. Have challenges and stuff with people getting to visit their families and like little tools that might help them escape. First one out successfully wins a million dollars. Call it "The Great Escape." I would love a show like this.

Ok, fellers. I've got stuff to do.

1 comment:

Lisa Rocks said...

I didn't get to see you.