Thursday, September 01, 2005

Impending Sense of Doom, Anyone?

I don't know what the hell is going on lately, but I have had this consistent sense of things being unsettled and chaotic lately.

I don't know what it is. I've felt so restless and not in control recently, and it's driving me insane.

  • I'm still not used to being back in Oneonta yet
  • I'm not used to living in the apartment yet
  • I'm not used to the "teaching" styles of my professors
  • Everyday something goes wrong at WONY that I have to deal with
  • I have a pain in my lower abdomen/groin area that won't go away and is making me nervous
  • I have to move my car every few hours to keep in line with the insane Oneonta parking laws
  • Gas prices are spiraling out of control
  • New Orleans is under water
  • I've been trying to track down this mysterious financial aid I'm counting on
  • I get to hear kids screaming on Main Street every night, pissing in the alley underneath my window
  • I keep losing everything

I am a creature of routine. If I don't feel like I can anticipate that will happen next or that I am in control of what is going on, I get very tense. Right now I'm very tense.

Is this just me or is anyone else feel like this lately?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If I was a black businessman, this is what I would look like.

No comments: