Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Black Gold, Texas Tea

This will be quick, since I have to get ready to go to class.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to fill up my tank tonight in preparation for the forecasted $3 a gallon which will be entering Oneonta by Friday.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm going to try to drive around a little as possible for the next few weeks, taking the bus to campus and things like that. I almost genuinely cannot afford to drive anymore. I shouldn't be paying $30 to fill up the tank of my STATION WAGON.

I can't imagine what you rich snobs in SUVs are paying; what's an SUVs tank? 20, 25 gallon tanks? I hope you don't like money, because $75 to fill up on gas is fucking unbelievable.

But that will be nothing when a gallon of gas costs $4 in a few weeks. Don't believe me?

Expert: $4 a Gallon Gasoline Coming Soon

And make sure you give big thanks to Bush for all of this. Now, Bush supporters, I know what you're saying: "The president has nothing to do with this. It's because of Hurricane Katrina." Wrong.

According to OilOnline, which appears to be actually run by the oil industry, quote:

"
Twenty-four major U.S. energy companies reported overall net income (excluding unusual items) of $16.7 billion on revenues of $213 billion during the second quarter of 2004 (2Q04). This level of net income represented a 67% increase relative to the second quarter of 2003 (2Q03)"

So pretty much Bush and his gay ass pals keep making MORE money every year. Hmmm, seems to me that if it truly was things like foreign oil dependence and natural disasters like Katrina and Ivan in 2004 that were keeping prices so high, the oil industry's profits wouldn't be JUMPING 67% IN A YEAR!!! 67%?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

But that's fine. $100 to fill up a tank of gas? Great. As long as I can drive my kids to soccer practice in a car designed by the military for heavy duty transport and not have to see two guys married or kissing. That's gross.

2 comments:

Lisa Rocks said...

great, now i might have to look into buses to oneonta if its cheaper.

Lisa Rocks said...

move to venezuela


gheeeeeeeeeey