Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Ending the Hunt for a Teal October

I don't like sports anymore.

The Marlins.

Why?

Going into the last two weeks, they were right there in contention for the wild card. Hell, for a while, they even had sole possession of the thing. Then, in typical Marlins fashion, they go on an unbelievable skid, losing 10 of their last 12, or something close to that.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
They do this every year. They eliminate themselves from contention. And this was going to be their year to do it. They didn't have a choice. Either this off-season or next, everyone's contracts are up. And they way many of the guys have been playing, they are going to be able to demand more money, and rightfully so: Cabrera is a hitting machine, Willis had an incredible 22 wins this year, and Pierre is always reliable. And that's not to mention the better than average performances of LoDuca, Delgado, Beckett, Jones, Vargas, and Lowell.

But with all this talent, they somehow manage to self-destruct. I'm not sure if I would have rather had them be out of playoff contention months ago, like the Mets. Because getting this close and not making it is really heartbreaking.

Then, I get to read about how AJ Burnett threw another temper tantrum. I'm glad this guy is out of here. He is overhyped. He had a good July/August, but he's inconsistent, and hasn't won a game in over a month. Go let the Yankees overpay you, you injury prone son of a bitch.

Poor Marlins. Poor me.

But I never lose hope. One day, we shall overcome.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Remembering the good old days...

2 comments:

Greg said...

I hate to be snotty, but the Marlins have won 2 World Series in 13 years of existence, the last one two years ago. I am a proud Phillies fan. Yes, I'm an idiot. In 123 years of baseball, they have one 1 World Series. They are also the losingest professional franchise of the 20th century. Spare me your whining, please.

Roxy said...

Poor Greg. Waaaah! Don't listen to him. He is just bitter. :+)