Wednesday, September 14, 2005

CMJ 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I haven't posted anything in a few days because I have been preparing for the CMJ Music Marathon going on all over the island of Manhattan this weekend. I've been typing up papers, coordinating vans and hotels, etc. to make sure the ten other WONY members who will be accompanying me on this journey are ready for four straight days of debauchery and chaos.

Last year, we got free beer everywhere, saw some great bands, and had a party at a strip club, all on SUNY Oneonta's tab.

This year, however, I am predicting an even more insane experience, since there are about three or four confirmed alcoholics coming on the trip for their first time.

Now I'm not very much into the college music scene, in fact I find most of the bands a bit fruity, but there is a lot of shizzle to do at this thing: they're showing a preview screening of "Walk the Line," the bio-pic about Johnny Cash that is coming out in November, a movie called "Domino," a true story about a model who became a bounty hunter, Rev. Run from Run DMC is giving a speech, and at 1:30 in the morning somewhere, Big Boi from Outkast and Bubba Sparxxx (he's still around?) are performing.

There are a bunch of other things going on, but these are the ones I'm most excited about. Especially since it's free.

I'm sure I'll make some drunken audio posts while I'm there, so check back for those. I'm going to post the pictures we take on here, as well, so if you want to see eleven assholes drunk and doing some retarded stuff, we'll be back on Sunday.

Wish me luck--maybe I'll win a car this year.

No comments: