Wednesday, August 10, 2005

You Call That A Summer Recap?!?!?!

Since my summer is drawing closer to an end with every day, I have decided to do a recap much like Silva's, only mine won't suck.

David's Summer 2005

  • Moved furniture up to Oneonta two weekends in a row
  • Got a new cellphone
  • Interned at News Twizzle
  • Worked at Barnes and Noble when not at N12
  • Survived Harry Potter night at B&N
  • Played Human Beer Pong 2.0 @ Dane's on the 4th of July
  • Saw two car accidents within a twenty-four hour period
  • Wrote a five page paper at the end of the internship
  • Watched the Marlins be good one day, shitty the next
  • Barely hung out in Joe's basement
  • Never changed my bedsheets
  • Changed financial institutions (Take that, Bank of America with your out of control fees!)
  • Took a drug test, which by the way, was the most elaborate, careful, fool-proof thing I've ever witnessed
  • Spent $4 million on gas
  • Discovered the genius that is the Crunchwrap Supreme
  • Sold my CMJ South Park guitar on eBay
  • Beat Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • Came upon the awesomeness of Da Ali G Show
  • Drove around town looking for lost dogs
  • Only got talked into going into Huntington one night (more on this later)
  • Finished the USA trilogy
  • Had the worst overall movie experience of my life at the Commack movie theater when watching the literally 60 minute movie Madagascar, where I spent $20 on movie tickets alone, and got a tray of nachos that had I shit you not about 11 chips on it for $4.50. So for an HOUR'S worth of "entertainment," I spent in total about $30. I'm not bitter about it.
  • Read All the King's Men, Portnoy's Complaint, and The Adventures of Augie March
  • Forgot my keys to get into the house one night when I had been drinking, and crawled through a window 6 ft. above the ground without anyone waking up and confronting me
  • Had a giraffe drool all over my hand
  • Got into a political debate with about seven drunk 19-year olds who have no idea what the hell they are talking about
  • Bought stuff for the apartment
  • Tried to get stuff for the radio station done over the phone, which would have been more productive by carrier pigeon
  • Got my bank card stolen
  • Got a job at News 12
  • Got a haircut that would probably rank in the top three of the worst I've ever had in my life (the guy started the fade about 7/8 of the way up my head. I looked like the top of a crayon for about 2 weeks)
  • UPDATE 8/13: And lest I forget, I also performed surgery on a Playstation 2, got the thing to play games again, saving $100+. YOU ever seen the inside of a Playstation? Didn't think so.

But overall, really not an eventful summer by any stretch. I was too busy splitting my time between News 12 and Barnes and Noble. But it paid off with having a "real" job, so I don't care. Plus, now I'll have a lot more money to burn up at school. I have decided that I'm going to grab this year by the horns and try to enjoy myself more this year rather then focus everything on my grades. But who knows, old habits die hard.

I'm sure I'll be updating this on a nearly daily basis again once I get back up to school, that is if I have internet in the apartment. Or electricity.

Booyakasha.

5 comments:

Lisa Rocks said...

ew, dave! you got to change the bedsheets, you've been sleeping in filth the whole summer. gross.

Dave said...

No filth, no filth. I usually take a shower before I go to bed, so it's not like I'm going to sleep with a day's worth of dirt and sweat on me. So they're not dirty. Period.

Mr. Silva said...

I saw 4 Brothers, so obviously my summer was much better than yours.

Lisa Rocks said...

you still sweat when you sleep. grosssssss.

Dave said...

I've never understood that comment. Who sweats when they sleep? I don't. You have problems if you're sweating while asleep.