Friday, August 05, 2005

As Local As Local News Gets, Mothafucka

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


As of today, I am officially an employee of News 12 Long Island. With my internship ending last week, I was able to get a job in the editing department. I'm going to be able to work this week, and then go back to school, but luckily, I'll be able to come back and work during the vacations from school, and when I graduate next year, I'll have a place to come back to.

What's so great about this is that its actually in the industry. Judging from the track record of people I know who graduated, it's not easy to find a job in the mass communications field. That's why I went in three times a week for the entire summer and busted my ass for free. It's the kind of job where when I'm at work, it's really not work at all. When it really comes down to it, I'm playing with a video machine, sitting on my ass in an air conditioned/heated place, "working" for like two hours, then have the rest of the time to sit and jerk around. I love it. I've never had a job that when I leave after an eight hour shift, I don't feel like I've been working.

You should be proud of me.

1 comment:

Lisa Rocks said...

congratulations.