Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Think It's Fly When Girls Stop by for the Summer

...for the summer.

First true spring/summer day in Oneonta, and everyone is out of their minds. When you live in a bubble of winter for 9 months a year, when warm weather comes people don't know what to do with themselves. Everyone does everything outside; homework, use their laptops, I even saw a guy taking a crap out in the street. Everyone wants to experience it as much they can.

Two things I've noticed with warm weather: people feel compelled to play music at full blast, and the girls come out of their clothing coccoons, and show off their bodies as much as possible, sluts just flooding the streets. Every year without fail.

Anyway, I'm busy, just thought I'd give an update. I'm going to go out and walk around in the 74 degrees before Venue, and the oncoming cold and rain we're getting the next few days.

And now, I introduce Chris Jackobel as the site's very first Guest Commentator:

Fucking bownas all over school. People are laying outside tanning! It's
72 degrees. Chill out, it will be warm again. We call it "slut weather"
because whenever it gets over 60, girls decide to break out the daisy
dukes and bathing suit tops. It seems like people riot in the streets, I
couldn't drive down my street because 4 people were playing soccer and 4
people were playing football a little bit down from them. I can't stand
seeing 400 people playing frisbee on campus with no shoes on. Chill your
freaking bowna. When it's summertime and the weather dips in the the 50's
and 60's people bundle up like it's February and they're climbing Mount
Everest. I was walking around with a zipper hooded sweatshirt and people
were looking at me like I was crazy. I looked at the temperature after
that, 65. If it was Saturday and people were doing this, fine. But it's
Wednesday! I'm sure all of these people have work to do. There's no way
that the 1,000 people I saw outside have nothing to do. People ditch all
sense of personal responsibility as soon as the weather gets nice. People
suck, it will reach 70 again unless we suddenly encounter the problems
from The Day After Tomorrow. Chill your freaking bownas.

Thank you for your wise insight, Chris.

WONYPALOOZA this weekend. If you attend college in Central New York, come. You've got nothing else to do.

No comments: