Thursday, November 11, 2004

I've Got a Pain In Me Gulliver

The past few days have been like a blur to me. Since we decided to change the idea for our videography final project from a very sub-par young people/election idea to the much more interesting extended grilled cheese saga, my life has been enveloped by scheduling, storyboards, camera check-out times, and location possibilities.

The amount of work that goes into setting up a simple 10-minute movie is MUCH more than I expected.

Let me explain this vacuum that my life has been because of this class:

Me, Silva, and Sass have been in that Technical Services lobby for a total time of about 45 minutes this week, figuring out when we can all shoot, which cameras we need for what scenes, and if the cameras were available. One kid in the class, Mike Murphy, thinks he owns the cameras, because he has them checked out for every weekend until the end of the semester, and on average two nights during the week.

So once we got that all figured out, we needed to write down what days we can do it, what times, and what we will shoot on what days. During all of this, I've been storyboarding the whole movie to make it easier to figure out what shots we'll need. (FUCK -- that reminds me I have to write up the shot list for tomorrow).

So after that, we need to actually shoot. We needed some shots at night, and last night was the only time we could all do it. So at 10pm we are all standing outside in the 19 degree weather, filming for an hour. Add a half hour to the time because we didn't get the cables we needed from the Tech people, so we had to go to the radio station and steal a cable.

Then we shot a grilled cheese sex scene at Sass', which was fun but it was so damn late. I got in my room at 1:30am.

Then me and Silva shot today. Then we are all shooting tomorrow from 8am to noon. Then doing that again next Tuesday. And again next Thursday.

Remember this all for ONE class.

I can't wait for this weekend, I'm doing all the shit I'd need to do over the weekend during my slim slivers of free time so I can have no obligations over the weekend.

Well, I have to go to bed at 10:30 now like an 11-year-old. I have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to shoot.


This is how my life has felt the past few days: like
everything is going on around me, but VIDEOGRAPHY has to be
appeased, so I have to disconnect from the world.

No comments: