Wednesday, September 22, 2004

This week was one of those weeks where all my teachers got together to assign a deluge of work, tests, and quizzes at the same time. So the past three days have consisted of me going to class, doing homework, doing WONY stuff, and going to bed. I've only eaten like 4 times this week. No time for that. Gotta finish these Organizational Communication definitions.

Luckily though, I've gotten over the hump. I only have one more test, and four more classes the next two days until the week is over. I can afford to relax a little bit.

Gish has gotten me hooked on this new game Burnout 3. I'm not usually one for driving games, but this one is different. Not only does the game look spectacular, but has a game called 'Crash", where you just cause massive car accidents and tally up how costly it was. It's addicting.

Speaking of videogames, November will be the end of me doing any schoolwork, due to the release of three games on my 'Takes-Precedent-Over-Reality' list.


Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
This game will literally keep me from going to class. It's six times bigger than Vice City, has more polished graphics, and has more side missions than you can shake a stick at. The release date on this one is October, which probably means that week I'll have like 4 tests. Maybe I'll make out with someone who has mono or get someone to sneeze in my face so I have a legitimate excuse for not coming out of my room for a month.
Release date: October 26
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
This one not many people played when it came out, but Sands of Time was the best game that came out last year, period. Plus, this one has a new combat system where you can fight with two swords, swing on columns, jump on the enemies heads, then slice them in half, all in one motion. Baby food.
Release date: November 16
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Oh man. Ohmanohmanohmanohmanohman. Anyone who knows me or anyone who plays videogames and has half a brain knows that this is the mother of all games. No game will ever touch the perfect that was the original MGS. It will never happen. MGS 2 was a little more controversial, with gay ass Raiden as more or less the main character, but no. Still great. Great gameplay, amazing story. And now, after three long years of waiting, it will be here. Camo for life, tripwires and eating jungle animals for life, and finally finding out who the Patriots are. Wow. I can't even describe. Was supposed to come out in November, just read something saying its coming out in December, which is good so I can get my GTA and Persia fix before 'It' comes out. Plus, it comes out right before Winter Break, so I can dedicate the 14 hours it deserves to be played a day.
Release date: December 16
Now, all of these could have come out during the summer, when no games worth playing came out, and all I did was spend time with family and friends, something which only happens when there are no good games to play.
Anyway, that's all to report in Oneonta. I'm going to watch Star Wars tonight for the first time ever. I bet it sucks.

No comments: