Tuesday, September 14, 2004

McTravesty

When you woke up this morning, you heard Taps being softly played outside. I heard this also. I have discovered why.

The #2 is no more.

The two cheeseburger extra value meal is no more.

It had been with me throughout my life. No matter what happened, no matter how I felt or where I was, I could always rely on my old standby.

"A number two please," I used to say. I'll never say that sentence again.

How could McDonald's get rid of one of its original and most beloved extra value meals?

I mean, you can't be taken seriously as an organization if you discontinue the two cheeseburger meal but decide to keep the Filet-O-Fish, a known terrorist.

Sure, they now offer a $1 double cheeseburger. But where's the sentimentality behind that? Where's the long history of camaraderie?

I want everyone out there to go to their nearest McDonald's (find the closest one to you here), ask for a #2, and when they tell you they don't have it anymore, pound your fists on the counter, throw your head back, scream, and run out crying.




#2 Extra Value Meal: 1991 - 2004
"You might have been number two on the menu,
but you were always #1 in our hearts."

No comments: