Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Long Time First Time

Had an insane radio show tonight. Everything was going pretty smooth, people calling up wanting to give shout outs, my parents called, sort of a typical show.

Then things got weird.

Me and Silva are just bullshitting with each other, and the phone rings. It's some kid speaking gibberish, wanting to hear the song 'Bible Buffet' by Cheetah Race. I didn't really listen at first, and asked what song again. 'Bible Buffet' by Cheetah Race.

Then it dawned on me. Who else could it be other than him?

Turns out Mr. Matthew Meyer had tuned in via our webcasting. He called in on-air and did some classic Meyer improv and hung up.

Ten minutes later, I get another call. It was none other than Brian Wildermuth.

The show then descended into chaos. Oneonta was treated to such things being screamed as:

"Just plain meat and cheese, plain meat and cheese!!!" [click]

"Kancler's mom, Kancler's mom SOTC!!" [click]

And of course my favorite:

"Most dangerous most awesome most likely to kill Amadu Diallo!!" [click]

While all this was going on I played the wrong song like four times, forgot to get a new song from rotation and had dead air, and let 'fuck' be broadcast. But how could I be expected to pay attention? This was college radio at its finest.

Good times, great oldies.

No comments: