Monday, November 07, 2005

That's a Crud Rock, It Belongs in Crud Town!

Crud Town being Oneonta.

Oneonta is Crud Town for the simple fact that weather patterns here make it nearly impossible for the human body to thrive. I have had a cold for about two weeks that decided to amp up the mucus early last week. I have had a runny nose and a sore throat for so long now, I forget what it's like to not wake up in the middle of the night coughing. I was carrying a bottle of Eckerd brand Chloraseptic around with me on campus the past few days, using it as a five to ten minute reprieve from the itchy fire which is laying waste to the back of my throat. This morning, I hocked up this gigantic, off-yellow colored phlegm ball into the bathroom sink, which swiftly slid in the drain like a slug. I'm going to the Health Center tomorrow; it's been too long to deal with this.

Now, speaking of weather patterns, my illness seemed to become supercharged at the same time when Oneonta was literally having one day with the highs in the 40s, and the next in the 70s, switching back and forth all week. This isn't supposed to happen in real life. Then, as final evidence of God's unhappiness with this town, we got a huge thunderstorm last night. Remember now, it's November. And they were forecasting snow to follow behind it. I'm surprised this town isn't just littered with bodies like the scene from Gone With the Wind, just hundreds of Confederate soldiers strewn across the landscape.

Other than that, my life has been pretty uneventful the last few days. Thanksgiving break is on the horizon, and I think everyone is a little preoccupied with just getting to that point so we can have an extended period of downtime at home. I'm just looking forward to having no responsibilities more than anything. I don't even care about being home too much; it will be nice to see my family and friends, but I enjoy just waking up at 11am, sitting around in the living room until whenever, and having a kitchen full of food at my disposal, without having to cook or prepare meals.

The monotony of schoolwork is putting me in a daze, where I'm just going with the motions without really thinking about it anymore.

Whatever. Do you care? Of course you don't. You come here to read funny stuff. Nothing above was funny. But, have faith. This Friday is Gish's 21st birthday, and we're all going to go all out to celebrate. No doubt there will be wacky shenanigans and pictures aplenty, so stay tuned until then.

For now, I have homework to attend to. Good day.

1 comment:

Lisa Rocks said...

mmm yellow colored phlegm ball.





gross.