Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Spooky Yuletide Cheer

I've never been a big Halloween guy; I just don't find much pleasure in spending a lot of time and energy into coming up with a costume to wear for one night. So this year, when everyone was planning what to wear to the big Elm Street party this Halloween, I was planning on resurrecting an old classic.

Saturday afternoon, a few hours before the party was starting, we all headed down to the Salvation Army to get Silva a cheap suit to dress up as Borat of Ali G. fame. As we were searching the endless racks in a place with 70s colored walls and terrible lighting, Gish finds a really gay looking cardigan sweater with football players on it, and topped off with a football shaped button. As he was (yes, its true) trying it on, Matt pulls out a tacky sweater with snowflakes all over it. Within a matter of seconds, we all find these yuppy sweaters, the kind you would see on people in 80s skiing movies. Someone passingly joked we should all wear them for Halloween.

As we started to collectively brainstorm, we all decided we would dress up in decked out in Christmas gear and play Christmas songs all night. On a whim, we went to Wal-Mart to see if they had Santa hats we could all wear to combine us as an ensemble, and some mini candy canes to give out to people during the night. By some astounding chance, they had all these items. They're really trying to start Christmas around mid-July now. I was at the big mall in Albany a few weeks ago, and Macy's already had those gigantic bows and wreaths everywhere.

But I digress. We get a bunch of Christmas songs together, got a wreath with lights on it, and had what basically amounted to a Christmas party. Now everyone one else was dressed up in the usual garb; witch, cowgirl, some S&M black lingerie angel, and so on. Luckily, everyone was feeling the Christmas motif. We were all going around throwing fake snow around, giving out candy canes to people, and had the entire party joining us in singing the carols. It was awesome. A bunch of kids tried to come in as Reservoir Dogs and act cool, but no one cared, we completely overshadowed any and all costumes there (except for the S&M angel). Nick also made a rare appearance, dressed as Stewie Griffin. And of course, since Nick was there, it meant I had to hit him over the head with a chair. Multiple times. We eventually destroyed the chair from slamming it on his head so much.

Then, out of nowhere, everyone starts fighting. Not real fighting, just play wrestling. Silva and Gish start going at it like two brown bears, with no finesse or style, just trying to throw each other down by the shoulders. After Gish got Silva in a headlock, someone egged me on to wrestle him. I really didn't want to, as Gish is 17x more in shape than me, and I was pretty drunk at that point. But I listened to peer pressure, and wrestled him. Big mistake. I was actually proud of myself, as I was able to use my wrestling techniques of old, and get Gish down and on his back without him killing me with his Abercrombie muscles. After I got up, I noticed I had a hole in my good khakis, which we all wore to complete our outfits. Then Little splotches of red began appearing on my pants leg. I ignored them at first, but then Kristin said they were getting bigger and rolled my pant leg up. I had blood covering my entire leg, with it running down into my sock. Turns out I landed my knee onto a bottlecap, which ripped my pants and cut me. It didn't hurt, but I ruined my pants, which got me down for a little while, but I eventually bounced back.

Then we ended up at the OST for the remainder of the night, singing with all the sexy nurses and Ninja Turtles.

All in all, an amazing Halloween. Considering we came up with the idea and executed it well in about 4 hours.

I'm proud that we came up with something pretty original, and not one of these "We'll all dress up as scumbag lawyers" or other such retarded ideas.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: