Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Well, I Guess It's Suicide For Me

I think of a lot of stuff to write whenever I'm home, but with the computer in the frigid basement, I usually just opt to sit and stare at the furniture in the living room.

Break has been ok. The first two days I spent playing God of War, which I beat on Saturday in under nine hours. Sunday and Monday I just sat on my ass, and it was beautiful.

But by Tuesday, God decided that I was in too good a mood, and everything has gone downhill since.

Tuesday I had an internship with News 12, which didn't go so well. I thought it was going to be the usual interview, but instead it was with another applicant. By coincidence, the person I was interviewed with not only happened to be from Oneonta, but someone I have had a lot of classes with. So me and her go in, the lady asks us, "Why do you want to intern at News 12?" That was the only question. The rest of it was her telling us about the place. They only take 30 people a summer, and I heard the secretary telling her, "How many more today?" So I figure a lot of people applied, and the interview didn't give me a good feeling when it was over. So that ruined my day.

(As a sidebar, I hung out with Joe Gibbs last night, and we played God of War from 10pm to 4am.)

So today, fucking fantastic. I got up at 10:30 this morning, cleaned, vacuumed, and washed my car for the first time in almost a year. Took a shower, got in the car to go to Kristin's, and get a phone call from Silva.

"Yo Dave: bad news, man. I got an IM from Miller, said for me to tell you that the MIC said they don't want anything to do with us anymore and we can't use their equipment for WONYpalooza. Gotta go."

Now Silva is infamous for having poor skills at ending a conversation on the phone, but I don't know if it was because he knew I would freak out, because why didn't Miller just tell me herself? I get the feeling no one likes to give me bad news. Regardless, I spent the rest of the day screaming at Kristin and giving myself high blood pressure trying to figure out what to do. And remembering that I have two quizzes, a speech, and two tests within a week of getting back. So the rest of my break will be spent doing homework and trying to figure out what the fuck I'm going to do about getting equipment for the show.

Great relaxing fucking week.

Oh, and I found out where my brother is living in Arizona next year. Keep in mind, my dad recently told me that I would have to pay for my own food next year, because we have no money:

The Village on University

So my brother gets to live in a fucking palace and go to "school", while I get ulcers and scrimp so I can eat. That's fair.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
OH SOMEBODY KILL ME PLEASE/
SOMEBODY KILL ME PLEASE/
I'M ON MY KNEES/
PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE/
KILL ME

2 comments:

Mr. Silva said...

LOL that dorm is ridiculous. It looks like a resort. I'd love to go to school if I had that.

Dave said...

Is that unbelieveable or what? I wish I could go to school on the set of Beverly Hills 90210.