Sunday, January 30, 2005

Danny Manor, Albany, NY

Haven't written anything in a few days, been busy/lazy.

Went to Albany yesterday, so Kristin could put a check in the bank. Albany is where the closest Bank of America is. So we're on our way, and about an hour into the ride, she says:

"I hope I remember where the bank is."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm just making sure in my head I know where the bank is."
"Kristin, don't pull this. Do you know where it is or not."
"No, I know. I'm pretty sure."

Of course, she didn't bother to double check what road the bank is on and how you get there. I mean, she has been there ONCE; she feels that is an adequate number of times to have the entire map of a city etched in her mind.

And of course, we get into Albany, and she starts going, "Now, I think it's near the mall. Or that way. I'm not sure." This was the beginning of the downward spiral of my mood, to reach the angriest point I have been in in months. We ended up going in the wrong direction for miles, for telling me randomly to turn, then yelling "NO! Not there! Get back in the lane!" She seems to forget there are other cars on the road, and I can't just careen back into the lane. So at this point, we're at a dead end in some random spot in Albany. She has the nerve to YELL at me, "I TOLD you not to turn!" At the point I jump out of the car to show her that we are not the only drivers in the city and there were cars behind me. I refused to drive any longer on this wild goose chase that all occurred because she didn't deem it necessary to get directions.

By a stroke of luck, we end up finding the place. Now to her, since we found it, she thinks my aggravation should just melt, and everything should be happy again. This obviously doesn't happen. As we're waiting in the drive-thru ATM line, she starts to laugh at me. I said, "Oh, so it's funny? You getting me all pissed is funny? Look, at this." I picked up her purse, and began to roll down my window. Her demeanor inexplicably changed from jovial to angry and concerned. "David DON'T!", she yelled; but I was committed to the act. I take the bag and fling out the window into a snow drift. She leaps out of the car to get it, all the while I'm yelling out the car window, "HAHAHAHA. WASN'T THAT FUNNY?!?!?! WHY AREN'T YOU LAUGHING?? NOT SO FUNNY NOW, HUH?"

I had appeased myself; she was now as pissed as I was. After depositing her money, we pulled into the parking lot, and I calmly asked her not to do this ever again, for she was giving me a recurrent ulcer.

After my anger had subsided a few degrees, we went to the mall. The mall. On a Saturday. Not a good idea when you want to get over being furious. The Crossgates was completely packed solid. Finding a spot took about 15 minutes. Upon entering the mall, we went right into Best Buy, as Kristin wanted to buy me the third season of Curb Your Enthusiasm as a sort of peace offering. I didn't complain.

That is until we had to wait 20 min. on line. You wouldn't believe the number of people in this mall. Everywhere was full of people. We walked a bit longer. I had to do the traditional Boyfriend Wait outside some clothing store as she bought stuff she didn't need. Other boyfriends were around me. We all shared quick glances of understanding and sympathy.

As a footnote, does Albany have a big black community? There were thousands of groups of 3 wannabe gangsters roaming all over. I actually saw this black lady slapping the shit out of her little son. I laughed.

Kristin was hungry. There is a Johnny Rocket's at Crossgates. Which means there was a line. Luckily, we were able to cut it because we sat at the counter. We had chili fries and burgers. It was good.

These poor kids at Johnny Rockets. Never have I seen such efficiency out of people in their teens and twenties in my life. There were like 15 people working, all of them constantly doing something, and with a vigor I have not seen in quite a while. None of them looked happy, but none looked particularly pissed, as I would be if I had to work there. The guy making burgers had sweat dripping off the tip of his nose, probably into the burgers. I had a burger. I didn't care. I think the sweat added a little something.

We then took a trip to my brother's apartment. I wish I had never gone. His place is a palace compared to my shitty dorm room. He has a huge bedroom, huge living room, full kitchen with dishwasher, and oh yes, a private porch. It was just a fresh reminder of how pamperd a life he leads.

I have been racking my brain trying to think of a good topic for a paper about 'reminiscence' for Advanced composition. I hate assignments like this. Give me some direction. Reminiscence is way too broad.

Whatever. That's okay. I'll sit here and struggle with my schoolwork. As long as Danny can pull his Jet-Ski right up to his boathouse, everything will be ok.

By the way, Jackobel is getting a brand new Mustang for graduation. I'm not talking to him anymore.




"Dave, come in, I'm just playing some Halo 2. You want something
to drink? JEFFREY! Get Dave something to drink!"

1 comment:

Lisa Rocks said...

I am betraying my fellow females by laughing at the fact that you threw kristin's purse out the window of your car.