Friday, November 19, 2004

59 Degrees

I have decided that fifty-nine degrees is the worst temperature ever.

When I return home for Thanksgiving break, it is supposed to be in the 59 degree mark for most of my break. And that pisses me off. And I'll tell you why.

59 degrees is right at that point where it is too warm to wear a long sleeve shirt or a jacket. BUT...at the same time, it is too cool to wear just a short sleeve shirt or shorts.

So, you end up with only a few choices: you either have to be uncomfortably warm, walk around shivering, or keep putting on and taking off a light jacket every twenty minutes or so. What a stupid way to go about your day; ripping off your coat, and then throwing it back on. People will think you have a chemical imbalance.

At least in Oneonta its been in the upper 30s, low 40s for the last few weeks. At least you know how to dress for the day. This warming trend reminds me of spring. And I hate spring so much.

I blame it all on this guy:

Bill Evans is one of the most cocky weathermen living today. If you ever tune into ABC 7 in the Tri-State area, you'll see this guy give the most snooty, half-assed forecast you've ever seen. I really remember one time him doing the weather, and you could see he didn't want to be there and didn't care. I couldn't believe it. This guy has to be making at least $100,000 a year to make guesses, and he couldn't even muster some enthusiasm on a broadcast in one of the largest markets in the nation.

And you know these weatherguys; to try and justify their jobs, they have to fuck with the atmosphere all the time. Floods, heatwaves, hail, all a part of the weatherman ploy to make money doing nothing. I mean, what does a weather balloon DO, anyway?

Holy shit, what am I doing with my life? I should be asleep, its two in the morning, and what am I doing? Typing complete and utter nonsense. Why do I waste my time like this?

I hate mild and damp weather.

No comments: