Sunday, October 03, 2004

Whoops, I Mean Girl, Girl Girl Girl

The new Eminem single was released last Tuesday, in advance of his new album 'Encore' coming out in November.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is the worst single he's released yet. It almost seems like he's releasing a terrible song on purpose, just to see if people are so entranced by him that they'll eat up anything he gives them.

If you haven't heard 'Just Lose It' yet, I'm sure you will. Wait about a month or so and it'll be everywhere.

If you have heard it, have you noticed that the whole structure of the song seems really disjointed? It really doesn't flow too good (not flow in the rap sense).

The lyrics aren't too spectacular, either. Here is a sample of one particularly bad section:

Now snap back to reality, look it's B. Rabbit
Oh you signed me up to battle? I'm a grown man
Tubba tubba tubba tubba tubba tubba tubba
I don't have any lines to go right here so tubba

I've heard better rhymes on Nick Jr.

Now I know you could argue that it's in there for comedic effect, but the entire song follows this uninspired, slightly annoying pattern. The chorus of the song mostly consists of Eminem making this Pee-Wee Herman or Charlie Brown missing the football sound.

This song also has parts from his other hits. He's resorted to that already? That's some bad writer's block.

It almost reminds me of the later Beatles albums, where they're so tripped out that they just recorded gibberish and people called it fantastic. Is that what Eminem is going for here?

Whether it's terrible or not, it's going to sell millions of copies. Maybe the rest of the album is great, who knows.

I'm just picturing the next 4 months of my life hearing this song 5 times a day, everywhere I go, and I don't like it.





Eminem gives Alf mad street cred.


No comments: