Friday, September 10, 2004

Note to RAs: Do the World a Favor and Stab Yourselves

In the class I T.A. with Prof. Arakaki, he likes to do this thing on Fridays where a few students tell jokes or do something stupid, and whoever get the biggest reaction get 5 points on a test, quiz, etc. Today, some girl played the piano, another kid played one note on the piano to be a smart ass, and another kid told this joke:

"What's the difference between a Somalian and a pair of jeans?"
"Jeans only have one fly on them."

The class awkwardly laughed. The piano girl won, and everyone left. When we were getting the stuff together to leave, this girl comes up and says,
"Mr. Arakaki? Hi, I just wanted to say that I hope we don't have any more derogatory jokes like that in class anymore. I'm an RA and we are trained to be very sensitive, and being in a room where things like that are said reflects badly on me. There are many RAs in this class, and if people see us in the class with stuff like that being said, it's very bad for us. Thank you."

I wanted to get out of the chair and murder the girl. Who do you think you are? Since you're an RA no one can make any jokes about anyone anywhere because it might reflect badly on you? Who are you, the Pope? These fucking RAs, its such a joke. I mean, we're in college; everyone is from 18 - 22 years old. If you can't handle a joke about a group, not even represented in the class, then you should stop using up valuable oxygen. Even Arakaki was a little annoyed.

What kind of world do you want to live in? Where everyone is afraid of stepping on someone's toes, that we can't say anything about anyone? Good luck. Have fun while your world topples because everyone was scared to correct any mistakes, lest SOMEBODY get offended.

Two RAs ran my floor meeting, since there wasn't one assigned to us yet. The one of them was obviously a gay guy, and they say, "If we hear anything derogatory about anyone, racial groups, sexual orientation, we will take action."

Shut the hell up, fag. This is my place of residence for the next 10 months. I can say whatever I want, homo. I'm so tempted the next time someone is playing rap music loud to go up to one of them and say, "You know, the 'N' word really upsets me. Can you ask them not to play any music with that word in it. I find that word disgusting."

I don't know what they'd do. They can't tell some they can't play a song that says 'nigga' in it. But I bet you anything if I played a song that said fag or queer, they'd swarm the room like an Afghani cave. Next time someone has their door open and is watching 'Chapelle's Show', I'm gonna run to the cage crying. 'WHY!!!......WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HATE?!?!'

My Netflix finally came. Watched City Lights. It was OK. The Gold Rush was better.

I'm not going out this weekend. I'm gonna try to do a lot of work, so I'm all caught up and can relax a little for the four day weekend next week.

Might go to Applebee's at like 11 tonight to go see Silva on this bitch shift.

Matt is in San Fran to see Dave Matthews. What a homo. San Francisco is a good town for him.

I have to write something for WONY for the State Times soon.

I read a few other blogs to see what the other assholes that write these things write. I refuse to make it as gay as those.

I don't think I have a choice. I have to get this hat.

I'm gonna go look at Florida sport team hats. More on this as it develops.

No comments: